Important DatesClick to Expand
- May 19
- Paper submissions due.
- May 26
- Shepherding begins
- June 30
- Deadline focus group / workshop proposals
- August 5
- Second draft due for review
- August 15
- Notification of acceptance
- September 15
- Conference versions due
- October 1
- Conference registration ends
- October 23
- Patterns Bootcamp
- October 24-26
- PLoP Conference Days
- February 15, 2017
- Proceeding version due
The BootCamp will be held on October 23, 2016.
The PLoP experience provides something different, but needed, in the patterns community – a "bootcamp" for newcomers.
The session will provide an introduction to patterns – a training and mentoring experience where participants will be immersed in patterns and emerge with an enlarged perspective, their first pattern, and an ability to get more out of all PLoP conferences.
Writing your own first pattern is extremely important, since there is no better way to learn what patterns are all about!
The presentation consists of a mix of lecture, discussion, group pattern writing, game playing, and writers' workshop practice - not necessarily in that order.
The only requirements are an open mind, ready to absorb the patterns experience, and an idea for a pattern you will craft at this pre-PLoP session.
Who Should Attend
The ideal attendee would have an interest in patterns, have an idea for a pattern that they want to write. The tutorial will benefit anyone participating in the PLoP conference.
- Become part of the patterns community.
- Understand how good patterns are structured.
- See a variety of pattern formats and understand the trade-offs between the alternatives.
- Become comfortable with patterns reading and writing and, if you should decide to attend PLoP, have a better understanding of what goes on at the conference.
Space is limited, so please Register Now!