- Hillside keeps a list of members, which includes each member's name, address, and email address.
- Candidates must be nominated for membership by a Hillside member.
- Candidates are admitted to membership by the board—this may be delegated to a designated membership secretary.
- Members may resign, or choose to become emeritus; resigned or emeritus members can rejoin at any time.
Benefits of membership:
- you are on the members' mailing list
- you are invited to the Hillside Annual Meeting (post-OOPSLA every year)
- you can influence the direction of Hillside and the patterns community
- It is expected that new board members will have been Hillside members for at least 1 year before they join the board.